The subjects taught in GIS Primary include the following:
- English Language (Including Verbal Reasoning)
- Mathematics (Including Quantitative Reasoning)
- Science and Technology
- Social Studies (History, Geography, Society)
- Use of IPC
- Art and Craft (Including origami skills)
- Home Economics
- Physical Education
- Verbal Aptitude
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Information and Communication Technology
- Christian Religious Knowledge (Optional)
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Primary school students are encouraged to take part in a selection of the following extra curricular activities:
- Theatre Arts
- Football/French Club (Grades 1 – 3)
- Needle Work (Grades 4 – 6)
- Language and Writing Skills
The senior primary students are encouraged to join the following clubs:
- Red Cross Society
As part of our effort to give our students a firsthand educational experience on Geography, Science, History and other fields of learning, we plan excursions to correspond with the IPC units. We usually encourage parents as well as teachers (chaperons) to accompany the students during these trips.
The children of GIS are encouraged to support the charities that the school holds dear. Consequently, it is customary for our Grade 6 students to visit a charity institution for physically handicapped children called,”The Child”. It is our aim that these trips will help the pupils develop philanthropic attributes towards the needy in our society.
This is organized for pupils in both lower and upper Primary who need improvement in specific subjects that are taught in their respective classrooms. These lessons are offered to pupils by GIS teachers without any added cost to parents.